Friday, August 15, 2008

Brilliant!





After


coffee,



we went


up on


deck




to

take

in

the

coastal

scenery.


As we snapped photos, a pudgy, middle-aged British man with a camera hanging around his neck engaged us in conversation while he captured images too.

"I travel over the world taking thousands of photos," he explained. "If I'm lucky I get a few good ones that'll make people 'ooh and a-ah' and make a slide show to raise money for charity."

"Would you like me to take your photo?" he asked. Two of us looked at each other, shrugged and said, "Sure."

"Right, then," he took my camera, motioned us together, aimed, shot, looked at the result and exclaimed, "Brilliant!"

About that time, his wife appeared on deck, looked at us and asked him, "What are you doing?"

He muttered something about taking photos. She quizzed him about dinner and they disappeared below deck.





Brilliant


indeed!

No comments: